Spring/Summer Recipes: Sweet and Savory Burger
Sweet and Savory Burger with Fig Jam, Goat Cheese,
Yields: 2 Burgers
2 burger buns
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2-1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Salt & pepper
Wildly Delicious Fig & Onion Jam **
2 oz goat cheese
1 large handful of Arugula
Olivelle Marrakech Olive Oil **
** Can be purchased at the Wine Gallery
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place buns on a baking sheet, and toast in oven for 10 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, drizzle oil over arugula, season with salt and pepper. Give it a toss.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Mix with hands. Form beef into two patties.
4. Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat. Melt butter or oil in skillet, and carefully place patties in the pan. Let patties cook for about 2-3 minutes before flipping (cooking time will depend on how thick your patty is). Once flipped, place goat cheese on each patty to warm and soften cheese. Cook second side for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Assemble! Spread fig jam on the bottom bun. Place patty on top of fig jam. Top patty with arugula. Top arugula with top bun... EAT!
Posted on Mon, May 6, 2019
by Tiffany Olson filed under