September Recipes: 3 Ingredient Grilled Steak, Pineapple and Avocado Salad
3-Ingredient Grilled Steak, Pineapple, and Avocado Salad
2 Pounds New York strip steak (about 3, 1"-thick steaks)
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided plus more
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more
1 pineapple, peeled, cut into 1/2" rounds, center core removed, divided
3 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for grill
1. Season steak with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Let sit at room temperature at least 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, puree 1 pineapple round, 1/2 tsp salt and 2 Tbsp water in a blender until smooth. Add 3 Tbsp oil and blend until smooth; set aside.
3. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat or heat a grill pan over medium-high. Oil grate or pan. Grill steaks and remaining pineapple rounds turning occasionally, until pineapple is lightly charred and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of steak registers 120 degrees F, 8-10 minutes for medium-rare (pineapple may take longer to cook than steak). Transfer steak to a cutting board. Let sit aside at least 15 minutes, then thinly slice. Transfer pineapple to a platter and tent with foil to keep warm.
4. Cut avocados in half crosswise around pit, then carefully peel off skin with your hands. Slice each half corsswise into 1/2" rings.
5. Arrange sliced steak and avocado on platter with pineapple. Drizzle with pineapple dressing; season with salt and pepper.
Posted on Tue, January 2, 2018
by Tiffany Olson filed under