September Recipe: Zucchini Stuffed with Italian Sausage & Cheese
Zucchini Stuffed with Italian Sausage and Cheese
September is a month when zucchini abounds and Montana harvests long awaited tomatoes. Enjoy this Fall recipe with Tamarack Sangiovese or the crisp Domaine Sonoma Chardonnay.
· 2 large zucchinis
· 1 Tbsp oil
· 2 Italian sausage (casings removed)
· 1 small onion (chopped)
· 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
· 2 Tbsp white wine
· 2 tomatoes (diced)
· ½ tsp oregano
· Salt and Pepper to taste
· 1 Tbsp basil (chopped)
· ½ cup mozzarella (grated)
· ¼ cup Parmegiano Reggiano (grated)
1. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle.
2. Chop the zucchini that was scooped out and set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a pan.
4. Add the sausage and brown.
5. Add the onion and sauté until tender.
6. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
7. Add the wine and deglaze the bottom of the pan.
8. Add the chopped zucchini, tomato, oregano, salt and pepper and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated.
9. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil.
10. Let the stuffing cool.
11. Mix in half of the cheese.
12. Stuff the zucchinis with the stuffing and top with the remaining cheese.
13. Bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until the zucchinis are tender and the cheese is golden brown (about 20 minutes).
Posted on Wed, September 2, 2015
by Wine Gallery filed under