November Recipe: Turkey (Leftovers) Milanese
Turkey (Leftovers) Milanese
If you think the only things that are inevitable are death and taxes, you forgot Thanksgiving leftovers. Our November recipe has a great change of pace from traditional leftovers. Enjoy this with the Tournon Mathilda White Blend, or the Marietta Christo.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped fresh thyme (leftover from turkey seasonings)
- Dry white wine
- Leftover turkey breast, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- Canola oil
1. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown and liquid has evaporated. Add 1 cup of turkey gravy, thyme and enough wine just to dilute slightly. Cook until heated through. Keep warm over low heat.
2. Place the flour on a large plate and season with salt and pepper. Whisk together the eggs and 1 Tbsp water in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place the bread crumbs on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
3. Heat 1/4 cup of canola oil in a medium high sided saute pan until it just begins to shimmer. Dredge the sliced breast in the flour, tap off excess then dip in the egg wash letting any excess drip off and then dredge bread crumbs. Place in the oil and cook until just golden brown on both sides. Remove from pan and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
4. Spoon some of the mushroom gravy on 4 large plates, top with 2 pieces of the turkey. You can place some leftover salad on top of the turkey and sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay and the Food Network
Posted on Sat, October 29, 2016
by Wine Gallery filed under