June Recipe of the Month: Big Sky Steak Salad
Big Sky Steak Salad
This recipe is a great one for a warm summer night. Try it with the Castellani Sangiovese. It incorporates ingredients (in bold) found at the Wine Gallery.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cooke Time: 15 minutes - Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4-6 People
- 1 lb Flank Steak
- 2-3 Tbsp Roasted Coffee Rub
- 2 tsp Black Garlic Sea Salt
- 1/2 lb Bacon
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Caramelized Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Dark Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 4-6 cups Mixed Greens
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
1. Season the steak liberally with Roasted Coffee Rub and Black Garlic Sea Salt. Set aside while you cook the bacon.
2. Cut the bacon into 1/4" pieces and place in a large, cold skillet. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, cooking the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside. Drain any excess grease off the pan.
3. Turn the heat up to medium-high. Add the steak to the hot pan and cook for 5-7 minutes for medium-rare to medium. Flip the steak, top with cherry tomatoes and cook an additional 5-7 minutes. Remove the meat from the heat and allow to rest.
4. With the tomatoes still in the pan, add the Caramelized Garlic Olive oil and Dark Aged Balsamic Vinegar. Stir to coat the tomatoes and remove from the heat.
5. Slice the steak on the diagonal into thin strips.
6. Arrange the greens on serving platter. Top with blue cheese, bacon crumbles, sliced steak, and finish by drizzling with pan roasted smoky garlic tomatoes as a dressing. Enjoy!
Posted on Mon, July 1, 2019
by Tiffany Olson filed under