February Recipe: Vegan Fettuccini Alfredo
Vegan Fettuccini Alfredo
4 heaping cups cauliflower florets (1 small/medium cauliflower)
1/2 Tbsp EVOO
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup unsweetened and unflavored almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 - 1/2 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt, or to taste
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper, to taste
Fettuccine pasta of choice
Fresh parsley, for garnish
(Optional: Peas, broccoli, spinach and fresh mushrooms)
1. Add cauliflower florets in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a low boil. Once boiling, cook for another 3-7 minutes until fork is tender. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, add the oil in a skillet and saute the minced garlic over low heat for 4-5 minutes until softened and fragrant, but not browned.
3. In a high speed blender, add the cooked and drained cauliflower, sauteed garlic, milk, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth sauce forms. The key here is to get a really smooth sauce so, don't be afraid to let it run for a minute or so. Set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add your desired amount of pasta and boil for a time instructed on the package. (Hattie Baker suggests 9 minutes) Drain pasta.
5. Add cauliflower sauce into the pot (you can use the same pot) and add the drained pasta. Heat over low-medium until heated enough to your liking. Salt again to taste.
6. Serve with fresh minced parsley and black pepper. Feel free to add in your favorite sauteed or roasted vegetables. We think peas, spinach or broccoli would work nicely!
Posted on Wed, February 7, 2018
by Tiffany Olson filed under