February Recipe: Chilean Estofado Beef Stew
Chilean Estofado Beef Stew
Cold winter days need a hearty dinner and this hearty Chilean stew will keep you warm. The Olivelle Coffee Rub gives it a delicious smoky flavor that sets off the flavors of the
Vina Maquis Carmenere.
1 onion, chopped in course pieces
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
2 pounds of red potatoes, peeled and cut into sticks
1 1/2 pound of beef cubed
1 1/2 tsp Olivelle Coffee Rub**
1 tsp cornstarch
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup Red Wine (Vina Maquis Carmenere)
Olivelle Marrakesh** Pure Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp salt
1. In a heavy bottomed pot, heat two tablespoons Olive Oil over high heat. Add the chopped onion and cook while stirring for 5 minutes. Push the onion to one side.
2. Place the cubed meat in the same pot and fry 3 minutes per side, until seared.
3. Stir everything adding the salt, and Coffee Rub.
4. Dissolve cornstarch in 1 Tablespoon cold water in a small cup.
5. Add the potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce, the dissolved cornstarch red wine, and hot water to the pot. Stir and distribute well. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook covered for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Test, adjust the salt. Serve Hot.
** Available at the Wine Gallery
Posted on Sat, February 2, 2019
by Tiffany Olson filed under