December Recipe: Pistachio & Parmesan Herb Encrusted Beef Tenderloin
Pistachio & Parmesan Herb Encrusted
A hearty winter main dish with delicate flavors that make this beef tenderloin sing 'Let's Eat'. The earthy flavor of the pistachios mixed with Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil make a delicious crust while keeping the tenderloin juicy. Try it with the Sur de los Andes Cabernet.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - Cook Time: 30 minutes - Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
1 small Beef Tenderloin (about 2 pounds)
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 cup Pistachios, shelled
1/2 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
1/4 cup fresh Parsley, minced
2 Tbsp Parmesan Asiago Dipper **
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tsp Roasted Garlic Sea Salt **
4 Tbsp Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil **
** Ingredients available at the Wine Gallery **
1. Remove the tenderloin from the regfrigerator, rub with the mustard, cover with plastic wrap, and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 1-2 hours (to acclimate).
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the pistachios into small bits. Add the panko, parsley, Parmesan Asiago Dipper, Parmesan Cheese, Roasted Garlic Sea Salt, and Caramelized Garlic Olive Oil to create a rough chopped paste.
3. Preheat over to 400 degrees F
4. Remove the tenderloin from the plastic wrap and place in an oven safe dish. Roast for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and pack the pistachio herb mixture atop the tenderloin.
6. Return the meat to the oven and cook another 20-25 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F (for medium rare).
7. Allow the meat to rest, tented with foil, for 15 minutes before cutting into 1/2 inch thick slices. Enjoy!
Posted on Fri, November 30, 2018
by Tiffany Olson filed under