August Recipe: Grigliata Mixta
Grigliata Mixta: Italian Mixed Grill
4 fresh Italian sausage links
1/2 cup water
1 small onion, chopped
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves or boneless thighs
1 pound beef boneless top loin steak, about 1-inch thick
HERBED LEMON OIL
1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
3 Tbsp lemon juice
3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano OR 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme OR 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
HERBED LEMON OIL: Mix all ingredients. Cover and let stand at least 1 hour to bend flavors.
1. Place sausages, water and onion in 2-qrt microwaveable casserole. Cover and microwave on HIGH 5 minutes; rearrange sausages. Re-cover and microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 5-7 minutes or until sausages are done. Remove sausages; discard onion and water.
2. Brush grill rack with vegetable oil. Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat.
3. Brush all sides of chicken, beef and sausages with oil mixture.
4. Grill meats uncovered 4-5 inches from MEDIUM heat, brushing frequently with oil mixture and turning once: beef 15-20 minutes for medium rare doneness; chicken 14-16 minutes or until no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut; sausages 12 to 14 minutes or until brown. Discard any remaining oil mixture.
5. To serve, cut sausages and chicken pieces in half, and cut beef into slices.
Posted on Thu, August 4, 2016
by Wine Gallery filed under